18 Mar 2009
Mesajlar
Tepkime puanı
Puanları
Konum
Ankara
Web sitesi
www.skewtmaster.com
Turkey on Saturday defined U.S. President Barack Obama's comments on the incidents of 1915 related to Armenia as "unacceptable".

"We consider some expressions in that statement and the perception of history it contains concerning the events of 1915 as unacceptable," a statement issued by Turkey's Foreign Ministry said, referring to Obama's speech on the "Armenian remembrance day" on Friday.

The statement said that nobody should forget that several hundreds of thousands of Turks also lost their lives in those days.

Armenians claim that more than 1.5 million Armenians were killed in a systematic genocide in the hands of the Ottomans during World War I before modern Turkey was born in 1923.

But Turkey insists the Armenians were victims of widespread chaos and governmental breakdown as the 600-year-old empire(Ottoman Empire) collapsed in the years before 1923.

"History can be construed and evaluated only on the basis of undisputed evidence and documentation," the statement said.

It said that common history of the Turkish and Armenian nations had to be assessed solely through impartial and scientific data, and historians must base their evaluations only on such material.

"It is with such an understanding that we support the historical dimension of the Turkish-Armenian dialogue," it said.

During his visit to Turkey on April 6, U.S. President Barack Obama said he was encouraged by the dialogues between Turkey and Armenia aimed at improving ties, promising Washington will be as constructive as possible on the improvement of their ties.

He said as Turkey and Armenia are having serious negotiations that could bear fruit quickly, "I will be as encouraging as possible," adding the world should also encourage them.

Turkey closed its border with Armenia in 1993 in support of Azerbaijan during its conflict with Armenia over the Upper Karabakh region.

SOURCE:http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-04/25/content_11256410.htm
Obama's stance was one-sided. As usual, Armenians was showed victim innocents !

Related Thread

BAHAR

Dost Üyeler
Katılım
2 May 2008
Mesajlar
Tepkime puanı
Puanları
Konum
istanbul
Cevap: Turkey says Obama's comments on 1915 incidents "unacceptable"

U.S. President Barack Obama in the April 24 Presidential explanation, 1915 for the Armenian incidents' genocide 'was used to qualify, to the Turkish' big disaster 'has been translated from the Armenian' Meds Yeghern 'word yer verdi. Obama, on the day of publication in 1915 of an Armenian events, noted that''94 years ago, 20'nci century one of the biggest massacres began. Each year, the last days of the Ottoman Empire's 1.5 million Armenians massacred or death to an execution is''and''I was speaking of the Armenian people living in our hearts, like, 'great catastrophe', and we must live in our memories''the phrase used.

BAHAR

Dost Üyeler
Katılım
2 May 2008
Mesajlar
Tepkime puanı
Puanları
Konum
istanbul

What was not satisfied what the Armenian and Turkish:))

Turkic Brat

Dost Üyeler
Katılım
18 Mar 2009
Mesajlar
Tepkime puanı
Puanları
Konum
Ankara
Web sitesi
www.skewtmaster.com

what was not satisfied what the Armenian and Turkish
Actually, I couldn't cotton on your statement :D At least, I considered, that you tried to mean " What was the grievance between Turks and Armenians " am I right ? :)

The key of the trouble goes back to Ottoman's last period - the second half of 19.century, with "Treaty of Berlin (1878)" You can take a look on Wikipedia, first time Armenian issue appeared, hereafter, the Russian started to use Armenian people against Ottoman Empire as a tool, provocate them, provided to rebel so on, issues growed and growed... :cool:

Volkan

-Otağ Hanı-
Katılım
20 Haz 2008
Mesajlar
Tepkime puanı
Puanları
Yaş
Konum
Altaylar

sayın obama biraz korkusundan ne diyecegini şaşırmış sanırım .ermeni diasporasının baskısını ensesinde hissetmiş. her zaman dedigimiz gibi TÜRK E TÜRK TEN başka dost yok .saygılarımla.

Üst